The establishment of the Armenian National Platform was initiated by an Initiative Group involving the delegates to the first Civil Society Forum in 2009. The Group set out a working plan for the Platform and worked out the founding documents (regulations, selection procedure for new members, concept of the Platform, etc.). The founding meeting of the platform took place in June 2010 and was attended by over 100 civil society organisations from Armenia.
Activities of the Armenian National Platform in 2015
The activities of the Armenian National Platform in the period of 2014-2015 centered on dissemination of information about developments in the EaP region, as well as its activities via the EaP Armenia Newsletter. From November 2014 to October 2015, there have been 33 issues of the newsletter disseminated via e-mail to around 800 addressees and posted on Facebook page and group with around 1200 members and followers. ANP has negotiated with the EU delegation to Armenia on continuation of financial support to ANP Secretariat. The negotiations resulted in a 2 year support grant awarded to the Secretariat for technical support to the Platform. Also, inn 2015, around 10 new organizations have applied to ANP for membership.
The key activities of the Platform included Conference organized jointly with EU Delegation to Armenia on perspectives for the changed EU-Armenia relations, development and submission of a joint list of recommendations on behalf of the ANP for ENP revision, meetings with representatives of EEAS, DG Energy and European Parliament on situation in Armenia around Electric Yerevan movement, organization of periodic seminars and discussions for NP members dedicated to various aspects of Armenia-EU relations,
- Statement of the Armenian National Platform on the Military Actions in Nagorno-Karabakh Region, 12 April 2016
- Statement of the Armenian National Platform on Constitutional Referendum, 9 December 2015
- Statement of the Armenian National Platform on Joining the Creative Europe Programme, 17 November 2015
- Statement of the Armenian National Platform on the Initiative of Constitutional Changes, 17 September 2015
- Statement of the Armenian National Platform on Use of Force against Peaceful Demonstrators, 21 June 20151
- Statement of the Armenian National Platform on Political Persecution, 14 April 2015
The Country Facilitator for Armenia is:
Mikayel Hovhannisyan, Eurasia Partnership Foundation